miércoles, 16 de octubre de 2013

Grammar Unit Present simple

PRESENT SIMPLE
  • We use it for actions that happen repeatedly or habitually.
           Ex: Sally often goes to the swimming pool
                 We have breakfast at 7.30 in the morning.

  • We also use the present simple for things that are always or normally true.
          Ex: Apples grow on trees
                He lives in Italy


  • With I, You, We, They, we use the Base Form of the Verb.
           He, She,It, has an s ending.
           Ex: I play tennis on Fridays
                 My brother works in London
                 My parents work in Paris.

  • If a verb ends with sh,ch,ss or x, we add es.
         Ex: He washes
               He catches
               He misses
               She fixes

  • If a verb ends with consonant + y, we change y to i and add es.
          Ex: She studies
                He worries

  • Negative: we use don´t or doesn´t + base form of the verb.
          Ex: I don´t like fish
                She doesn´t wear a uniform
                Students don´t wear uniforms

  • Questions and short answers are formed with do or does.
           Ex: Do you like cats? Yes, I do/ No, I don´t
                 Does Silvia live here? Yes, she does/ No, she doesn´t

LIKE + ING
  • After verbs of liking and not liking we often use verb + ing.
          Ex: We love going to the cinema
                My sister enjoys watching tv
                My parents hate going to the supermarket
                I don´t like doing my homework

  • If a verb ends in e , we drop the e before adding –ing
          Ex: live – living
               Ride – riding

  • If a short verb ends in 1 vowel + 1 consonant, we double the final consonant before adding –ing. We do the same if the verb ends in 1 vowel + l.
          Ex: get – getting
                Shop – shopping
                Travel – travelling

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario