miércoles, 5 de marzo de 2014

The build up to Easter!


I really like celebrating Easter with my family and I know that the time is coming up due to the arrival of Shrove or Fat Tuesday, which this year will be on 4th March. Shrove Tuesday is the day before Ash Wednesday. Ash Wednesday is the start of Lent which is then 40 days before Easter Sunday! It might seem a bit confusing but traditionally many people may give up certain rich or fatty foods for lent which means they will not eat that food again until Easter Sunday.
Shrove Tuesday is better known to me as Pancake Day! On this day people try and use up as much of the rich and fatty foods that they have left in their house so they eat lots and lots of the food they are trying to give up. Pancakes are made of flour, eggs, milk and butter so are quite rich and fatty. That's why it's a tradition to eat pancakes on this day!
I love pancake day and I use it as an excuse to have pancakes for breakfast, dinner and tea! I like to have them savoury with meat or cheese but my favourite ones are sweet ones. I like to have them with orange and sugar, chocolate spread or ice cream!
Sometimes I try to give up certain foods too. Last year I gave up crisps for Lent and the year before I gave up chocolate. It can be really hard though and in previous years I have forgotten! This year I haven't given it much thought yet though what I might like to give up this year!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario